- Suzanne Collins: "Finnick and Annie returned to district 4 and had a child togeth-"
- JK Rowling: No no no! What are you doing, you can't let that character live. You have to be ruthless. You have to rip out the reader's heart.
- Suzanne Collins: But he really doesn't need to die
- JK Rowling: DO YOU WANT A BEST SELLER?!
- Suzanne Collins: Yes bu-
- JK Rowling: THEN KILL HIM
- Stephenie Meyer: Hey Jo maybe you could help me with breaking daw-
- JK Rowling: Be quiet Stephenie
My bags were all packed for the move only a few moments before the car pulled up. She honked once as Berenice rolled down a back passenger window and poked her head out. “It’s time to go, sleepyhead!” she yelled, and I pulled a window up.
“I’ll be right down,” I said. Miss Peters was probably still asleep in her room, finally tired from staying up all night for a CSI: Miami marathon or some such thing. I left two hundred dollars under the pillow - I felt like I owed her for disappearing - and made for the gate, locking everything behind me, taking my room key off my high-school relic Pokemon keychain and sliding it under Miss Peters’ door.
I sat in the back with Berenice; she smiled and ruffled my short black hair. “Hey there, Henry. It’s been more than a week. Thoughts?”
I guess I should have taken the time to think a little more about why I was suddenly making rash decisions where these two girls were concerned.
Ooh, why’d Berenice interrupt?